MilRecruiter User Agreement
This User Agreement (the “Agreement”) governs your use of the MilRecruiter.com domain and any sub-domains (collectively, the “Site”). The term “User” or “Applicant” or “you” means anyone posting an Application on the Site. The term “MR” or “we” or “us” means MilRecruiter LLC. The term “Squadron” or “Representative” or “Manager” means any military squadron or person or company (including their agents) to whom MR has contractually granted access to the Site or data contained on the Site.
By posting your Application on the Site or accessing a Squadron’s account, you acknowledge that you have read and agreed to the terms of this Agreement. We may amend the terms of this Agreement upon five (5) days notice by notifying you by email and/or by an announcement on the Site’s homepage. Should you not wish to be bound by such amendment, you must deactivate your Application/Squadron access from the Site and terminate your account. Your continued posting of your Application on the Site and/or accessibility to the Squadron database after amendment notification constitutes your consent to the terms of the amended Agreement.
- Disclaimer of Official Affiliation: You acknowledge that MR is not an official Department of Defense website or service. The views expressed and the processes established do not represent the DoD or US Government in any way.
- Personally Identifiable Information (PII) Disclosure: By agreeing to these terms, the user gives expressed consent to disclose documents that may contain their Personally Identifiable Information in accordance with the Privacy Act of 1974.
- Applicants: Users establishing an account with MR are provided the opportunity to create an Application containing data relating to their professional credentials, training, experience, and related information. Application Users are responsible for updating their Profile to ensure that all information contained in their Application is current and accurate. Users may upload documents relevant to their professional credentials, which will be considered a part of their Application.
MR may enter into contracts with Squadrons that allow them to review and analyze published Applications for potential interest in the User as an applicant. Squadrons may request further information or documents from Users. Use of the data provided shall be governed by this Agreement and the terms of agreements with, and/or policies of, the Squadron. MR makes no promise, representation, or warranty regarding which Squadron will review an Application.
MR may enter into contracts with Squadrons allowing them access to Applications for analysis and recruitment purposes. However, MR does not act as an agent, partner, or representative of any Squadron. MR is not a party to any warranty, representation, communication, transaction, or agreement between any User and any Squadron. Users acknowledge that MR is not involved with or a party to any portion of the recruitment, application process, or hiring decisions undertaken between Users and Squadrons. Users agree to hold MR harmless and expressly waive and release any claim against MR relating to various aspects of the recruitment and application process.
- Squadron Representatives/Managers: A “Squadron Representative” is a verified member of the organization. The verification process is the responsibility of the designated “Squadron Manager(s)” who review requests for access to the squadron’s MR account and verify that the person is an active member of that organization.
By accessing MR as a Squadron Representative/Manager, you confirm that you are an active member of the organization with the permissions to access that Squadron’s account. If you are no longer a member of the organization/squadron/hiring board, you must delete your account immediately. A Squadron Manager has the responsibility and authority to delete any unauthorized individuals attempting to access their squadron. If repeated attempts are made from unauthorized accounts, the Squadron Manager(s) should notify MR in writing at firstname.lastname@example.org immediately.
Squadron Representatives/Managers are responsible for handling Applicant’s Personally Identifiable Information (PII) and are required to protect that information in accordance with The Privacy Act (5 U.S.C. 552a, as amended). Violations of this Act may result in immediate suspension or termination of MR access and potential civil/legal penalties. MR is not liable for any PII violation, and any civil/legal penalties will be administered to Squadrons directly.
- User/Squadron Fees: We may charge fees for the use of the Site and its features. User fees are charged solely to compensate MR for providing the opportunity to create and store Applications on the Site and for other related functional services or features. Users and Squadrons agree to pay applicable fees according to the MR price schedule.
Failure to pay User/Squadron fees constitutes a breach of this Agreement. If a User does not update their Profile for twelve (12) consecutive months, MR has the right (but not the obligation) to suspend the User’s Application. User/Squadron may terminate this Agreement at any time by deactivating the User’s profile and notifying us by email. User termination does not entitle the User to a refund of previously paid User fees.
- Limitation of Liability: MR makes no representations or warranties concerning the merchantability, fitness, suitability, value, or functionality of the Site or any content, feature, customer service, or other aspect of the Site. MR shall bear no responsibility for any actual or consequential damages, loss of hiring opportunity, or any other form of claim arising from any loss of data or loss of Site access due to technical failure or otherwise, even if caused by our negligence. Users acknowledge their responsibility for maintaining personal backups of all data, records, and other information contained in the Application or submitted to the Site.
- Intellectual Property: The content, design, database management functions, and all intellectual property rights related to the Site are the sole and exclusive property of MR. Users do not acquire any rights in the format, design, or functionality of the Application by creating an Application. Users agree that MR has the right to compile, analyze, and utilize any non-personally identifiable data contained in the Application for any lawful purpose. Users represent and warrant the accuracy, correctness, and currency of the information included in their Application.
- Termination: Any breach of this Agreement, misstatement of fact, or fraudulent use of the Site may result in the immediate termination of the User’s account without refund, and if required by law, the reporting of such activities to the appropriate authorities. Notice of termination will be sent via email to the User’s provided email address. Users under the age of eighteen are not permitted to post an Application on the Site. Users are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of their password, and neither MR nor any Squadron shall be responsible for unauthorized access to their Application or account caused by the User’s failure to maintain the security of their login information.
- Auto-Renewal: This agreement will auto-renew on the anniversary of your sign-up date to MR. Payment will be automatically charged to the credit card used at sign-up. Your payment will be authorized as a recurring charge with a term of one year. In the event your credit card becomes invalid, you will be notified by email to provide updated credit card information. MR does not store your credit card information.
- Arbitration: In the event of any claim, controversy, or dispute between User and MR, either party may demand that such matter be submitted to final and binding arbitration. Arbitration shall be governed by the commercial rules of the American Arbitration Association (AAA) and conducted by one arbitrator chosen by the AAA. Arbitration awards shall be final and enforceable in any court of competent jurisdiction. All arbitration proceedings shall be held in Florida. This Agreement and the rights and duties of the parties are governed by the laws of the State of Florida.
- Contact Information: Any questions or inquiries related to this Agreement should be sent by email to email@example.com.
By agreeing to these updated terms, you acknowledge that you have read, understood, and agreed to be bound by this Agreement, as well as any future amendments made by MR with notice as specified herein.